Construction Plant Fitter Apprenticeship at Pat O’Donnell & Co
Pat O’Donnell & Co are looking for flexible, enthusiastic people with a passion for construction plant fitting to come and join us. We will develop your skills through our 4-year Solas Accredited apprenticeship programme.
Key Responsibilities –
• Follow safe systems of work, take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others.
• Maintenance and repair of all company products, namely Crawler Excavators, Wheeled Excavators, Wheel Loaders, Articulated Hauliers, Teleporters, Material Handlers and Hydraulic Hammers.
• Maintenance and repair of all components within our products, engines, transmissions, axles and hydraulic systems.
• Work with all electrical systems ECU’s CAN bus systems etc.
• Service, repair and overhaul of brake systems, fuel systems and steering systems.
• Test new machinery and carry out pre delivery inspections.
• Participate fully in all training and development programs and cross skilling for other jobs related competencies.
Qualifications Required –
• Minimum of 5 passes in the Leaving Certificate.
• Full Driving Licence desirable.
Skills and Abilities –
• Diagnostic abilities.
• Computer literate.
• Good communication skills.
• Strong report writing skills.
• Previous experience in service and maintenance of machinery an advantage.
Character & Personal Qualities –
• Demonstrate good work practices including safety awareness, time keeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality awareness.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Committed and positive attitude to work.
Please apply with cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark for the attention of Andrea Swift.
You can contact us on 01-6161000 if you have any queries in relation to this application.