Job Vacancy - Parts Department Manager
Pat O’Donnell & Co. is looking for a talented individual who is driven and highly analytical to drive forward our Parts Department in Dublin into our 50th year of business and beyond.
- The successful individual should have a minimum of 5 years management experience in a senior Parts Management Role and the role would be ideally suited to someone with a keen interest in Plant & Agricultural Machinery and/or the Automotive industry.
Pat O’Donnell & Co., founded in 1970, is a family owned and operated business, and is Ireland’s largest supplier of plant machinery and equipment. Over the past 49 years we have supplied machinery to a huge array of industry sectors in Ireland including forestry, agriculture, civil engineering, composting, mining and quarrying. With branches in Dublin, Cork, Galway and Portadown key to our ongoing success is the company’s investment in after-sales parts and service.
Pat O’Donnell & Co. has over 85% of parts requested available over the counter, along with a team of experts, to advise customers on the required solution for any machine issues. We are looking for an individual who will be able to take over, from the retiring Manager, this highly successful and valuable business centre and continue to drive its development in the future.
Dealing with our manufacturing suppliers, securing optimum delivery and prices whilst factoring in handling
Ensuring optimum stock levels across all product lines
- Supply Chain
Drive strategic initiatives to improve efficiencies and costs
To identify future business opportunities
Work with internal departments to ensure overall company goals are met
- Data Analytics
Analysing departments’ strengths, weaknesses and opportunities and using results to present solutions and opportunities
- People Management
Managing 6 daily reports locally and 3 interim reports based in branches
- Order Fulfilment
Ensuring all internal and external order processes are maintained and focus on continuous development opportunities
Limited requirement to travel to international manufacturers and branches
- 5+ years of experience in Senior Parts Management Role incorporating warehousing, supply chain, inventory management, department finances
- 3+ years of experience with analysis tools including Microsoft Excel and statistics software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Strong people management experience and a demonstrated understanding of current HR requirements
Please apply with CV and cover letter to HR@patodonnell.com